Friday, November 21, 2008

Whats so special about Small Town Conservatives?

Today I would like to tell you some things that make small town conservatives and small town people in general, special.



1. Faith: Faith is certainly not shunned. Many of us still believe in God and actually think we can and should reference His laws in our decision making. Our core beliefs affect all our decisions.



2. Personal Responsibility: Many of us can accept our personal mistakes as "mistakes".... things that we could have forseen and therefore could have avoided rather than something that was unavoidable therefore someone else should fix for us. My personal opinion would be that even if we couldnt avoid it others are not responsible to fix our problems.

3. Giving: S0 many of these conservatives are willing to help others often with no credit. Often times they dig deep into their pocket books or more importantly spend alot of time helping others.

4. Love for Country: American pride is still commonplace. Very supportive of troops and many join the military. I will seldom see any negativity expressed toward our troops.

5. Tolerance: I find that contrary to popular belief Small Town America seems to have little intolerance to others

6. Jobs: There are plenty of jobs in small town America. No unions though its on you to secure higher wages with hard work.

7. Friday Night Football: Much of the town will get together to watch the local team play or raid another town during the 11-17 weeks of football for your towns team. We wait for it all year and it makes for a 3 day football weekent for about 1/5 of the year. Awesome thing to enjoy.

I'm sure there are many things I've missed but these are a few of my thoughts about the greatness of small town America.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Way to go! I am going to try to get people to read it. I will try to get it on my facebook account.