Monday, December 15, 2008

My Golden Rule of Conservatism

Whats the Golden Rule? The original Golden rule is: "Do unto others as you would have them do unto you". This rule answers many questions if you apply it but, it does require thinking and application. You see if you were to think, "I wont steal his money because I wouldnt want him to do the same to me", that is kinda easy and many questions are that simple. On the other hand sometimes you have to think deeper you have to look past yourself and actually put yourself in the other persons shoes. For instance, you might think certain profanity is acceptable and therefore if someone said @@@@ to you it wouldnt bother you but you must think deeper. If I had that persons beliefs would it bother me? Is this a male or a female i'm thinking of?....Perhaps you are trying to decide if you should speak to someone about something? You might ask yourself: Would this benefit me if I were in their shoes? Is it necessary for their progress? and many other questions. Hopefully you get my drift perhaps sometimes you must apply a simple rule more thoughtfully than it first appears.

So my golden rule of conservatism? Dont ask the government to take over your responsibilities or the responsibilites of others.

I hope you will think deeply about this. See if you believe it and if you do? Apply it broadly and thoughtfully.

I have not been blogging recently. I will try to start back and i will try to give some of my own personal rules for my readers to consider.

No comments: